Welcome to iTbots Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Worldwide Manta

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi, my first post.

Firstly:

If I search "manufacturing industries in Victoria, Australia" there are 1,389.

http://www.manta.com/world/Oceania/Australia/Victoria/manufacturing_industries_nec--E73E7/

I realize this is unlikely to be captured in one scrape attempt and may "max out" at say 20 pages at 35 entries per page = say 700.

That will be from A to say G.

Is there a way to conduct a second search of same link STARTING at say page 20 so one captures H to Z?

Secondly:

It appears to me the Manta entry for each company does not include a link to the actual company website?

Why is this exclusion to such valuable information?

eg: http://www.manta.com/ic/mxrc8wl/au/activeaide-pty-ltd

Yet they do have a company website: http://www.activeaide.com/au/

Is there a way to include this information when we do a scrape?  I saw on update to V2.2 that it included company websites? 

I am from Aust. Adelaide so may not be online with timezone.

All the best

mbp

iTbots likes this

Posted · Report post

Ok so Manta Worlwide Changed their Code and the Website Info is located somewhere else now and we will issue an Update to Download Website Info as well.

Manta is adding more security almost every week they are changing the structure of their HTML that is why sometimes App wont scrape something as obvious as Website URL,but dont worry we will keep the software Up to date as we did for last Year!

Kind Regards and thanks for Bringing this to our attention!

Posted · Report post

ok thank you.

Re my search - my scrape gathered about 350 say A to D.

Is there a way to begin next scrape at say page 21 so i can get E to say P?

Thanks .

Mark

Posted · Report post

Yes we are currently working on Developing a Method to Scrape All Pages and Links and Then according to user Input Software Can Start Scraping from a Specified Page,still we are concentrated on Browser issues that happens once manta Locks The Browser Their Security is Formidable but the data you collect even 350 leads is of great and amazing Value!

Best and Worst of both Worlds at one Website!

Keep you posted! 

mbp likes this

Posted · Report post

ok thank you for the update. Appreciated.